Sunday, 15 May 2016

Get an edit, Save a life

Hi guys!

I'll get straight into it. I'm doing a writing critique fundraiser for a beautiful German shepherd called Wolf. This beautiful big boy was rescued just days before being put down from the government kennels, simply since they didn't have anywhere for him to go. 

Here is Wolf's story and the fundraiser:



But...there's been bad news. Wolf has been diagnosed with leishmania and Ehrlichia. For those of you who don't know about the diseases, you can read more about Ehrilichia here and more about leishmania here.

Please note: I'm not part of the rescue center and I'm trying to raise money independently, so I'm kindly asking people to donate through the big link above as this is the rescue center's fundraiser (just so you all know the money is going straight to the center and not via me).


 
Because Wolf is such a big boy, his treatment is going to be around 700 euros all in. As a small rescue center with only 1 person running it and dozens and dozens of dogs, there simply is very little cash to go around. So, I've agreed to help them, and I'm offering some critique fundraising items to try and get him the treatment he so desperately deserves.


Here is what's on offer:


1. 25 page critique for 10 $/£/€ (whatever your currency happens to be).
2. 50 page critique for 20 $/£/€
3. 100 page critique for 40 $/£/€
4. Entire manuscript critique for 80 $/£/€

Just email me on freelance_writer_fm@hotmail.com to let me know if you've donated and I can start your critique right away.

For those of you who don't know me, here's a little about me, and the experience I have to give:

I'm represented by the Blake Friedmann Literary, TV & Film Agency. I am a freelance editor, an editor with Cornerstones Literary, and I have interned with two literary agencies (Holloway Literary, and Inklings). I am a Pitch Wars mentor, and have helped my mentees to get agents and publishers. I am a full time script writer with my first production coming out next year, and I have published in national print and online publications.


Wolf is in Cyprus, but the rescue center can take donations from anywhere in the world. If you don't have 10 $/£/€ and maybe just have a few dollars, pounds or euros, please let me know and I'm sure I can think of something to help you in your writing journey.


I really hope you find it in your heart to help this wonderful boy. Our family is hoping to move house to a place with a garden (we're apartment bound at the moment), so that we can foster him.






No comments:

Post a Comment