Monday, 26 May 2014

Blog hop!

With huge thanks to Stacey Trombley, I've been tagged in The Writer's Process Blog Hop!

So here goes...

1)  What am I working on?

Right now, I've just got my YA Scottish folklore to my agent, so I'm actually project free!  I'm playing with a Mongolian folklore idea for YA, but I have a few other ideas in the pipeline too!
 
2) How does my work differ from others of its genre? 
 
It's Mongolian!  lol.  You don't see too much of those around!  I like the cultural aspect, and diving into a little known mythology!
 
3) Why do I write what I do? 
 
I can't travel everywhere in the world I want to, so this gives me the chance to explore other worlds and other cultures!
 
4)  How does my writing process work?
 
I always have an idea spurred by something I see or hear.  Then it just enters the soup pot of my brain and something pops out.  A bit like magic!  Once I have the idea locked onto, I pants and outline in a mixture until I get to the end.  I'm a fast writer and an avid editing lover, so I write my first draft as fast as I can, so I can get to the fun bit - the editing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment