Saturday, 15 February 2014

Pitch Madness!

Oh yes, it's that time of year again - Pitch Madness is just around the corner!!!

This year, Brenda has announced that it will be the CLUE edition (or Cluedo for us Brits! lol).


For those who don't already know - Pitch Madness is a contest to win a request from one or more of the participating agents.

This year, the Pitch Madness submission window will be open for 24 hours on March 10!  So get your submissions fingers on the send button then!


Interested in signing up?  Go to HERE to find out all the deets!


I've been a-ok'd by my team host to post teasers about what we'll be looking for in this year's slush piles, so here are a few things that tickle my fancy:

Alternate History novels, any category from MG all the way through to Adult.
Anything thriller or mystery.  If you have an MG mystery, I'm especially intrigued.
Unique folklore.
Psychological horror (but it needs to be super clever).

This isn't an exclusive list, but just a guideline as to what I might be looking for.

Some tips:


Voice, voice, voice.
Dare to be different.
Think clever.
Character comes first.
Experimental work welcomed.


I've decided that for coming across to the blog, I'd like to reward everyone by doing a pitch workshop later in the week, so look out for the Tweet.

Also, I'd like the chance to get to know some of the writers applying, so I want to invite you all over to my literary debate site - Debate It!  Come and debate topics with us, and mention if you're doing Pitch Madness so I can get to know you too!

Good luck!!! 




2 comments:

  1. It's very exciting to see all of the Pitch Madness posts popping up on Twitter and blogs. And the Clue theme should be fun. I'm guessing it was Fiona in the stables with the horse shoe. ;)

    Congratulations on the launch of the Debate It site! What a fantastic idea and great place for writers and readers to discuss all things books. I highly recommend people stopping by to join the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol That made me laugh with the horse shoe!!! Really brightened my day!

    And thank you on the launch! We've had so many unique visitors - 478 in 9 days! Wow. So fingers crossed we keep growing!!!

    ReplyDelete