Saturday, 27 April 2013

AWAKENINGS - Cover reveal!

When Brenda Drake organized the Pitch Wars competition this year, it was evident it was going to be a resounding success.  Being a Pitch Wars mentor, I was eager to get in on the action and hopeful that I would get a great mentee to work with.  And I couldn't have been luckier!  I snapped up author J.E Shannon and her amazing debut novel, AWAKENINGS!

Today, I'd like to help reveal J.E. Shannon's cover for her soon to be published, debut novel AWAKENINGS, soon to be released by Entranced Publishing!  So, without further ado, here it is:





Evie Shepard's nightmare begins when she finds herself buried alive, with no idea how she got that way. As she struggles to remember what happened to her, she begins to notice changes about herself. Her senses are heightened, her movements are quicker, she is incredibly strong....her heartbeat has stopped. It's then she makes a disturbing discovery. She wasn't buried alive. She was murdered. Somehow she has come back...


And she wants revenge.


Awakenings on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17786348-awakenings



About the Author




J. E. Shannon currently lives in Florida, but is a Missouri native. She spends most of her time reading, writing, and taking care of her small child and two crazy dogs.



You can connect with her on Twitter (@JEShannonauthor), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/J-E-Shannon/433304970085317) or at her blog (http://jeshannonauthor.blogspot.com.au/).



So, everyone at the YABookcase, I'd like you to give as much support as you can to Jennifer and Awakenings.  Isn't it fantastic to see one of our own doing so great?  :-)

9 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds fantastic!! Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is awesome, isn't it? I hope mine will be as awesome!!! The book ROCKS. Seriously. Jennifer is super talented!

      Delete
  2. If it wasn't for Fiona this book would still be lost in the slush piles! Thank SO much for believing in me! J.E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love, love, LOVE Awakenings. I am itching for book two. You know that, but still I feel the need to say...I NEED BOOK TWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWO! :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One question, if I may ask. Pitch Wars took place in November. So you went from:

    - Rough draft
    - Finished draft
    - Agented author
    - Author under contract
    - Cover art ready

    in the span of 5 months. That seems quick.

    Am I missing something? (Just trying to grasp the biz.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael,

    Here's the lowdown. It went from:

    Rough Draft
    Finished Draft
    Directly to small publisher

    Since I was picked up by a small publisher directly is why it is moving so quickly. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. :) J.E. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No questions...just congratulations. And you have an AWESOME mentor. (Though I'm sure you know.)

      Delete
    2. Snapped up pronto and I couldn't be prouder! This book kicks ass!

      And thank you Michael for your kind words! :-)

      Delete